The role of the Student Council is to represent the voice of the students at the College, thus allowing students the facility to have their opinions heard.
About the Student Council
Each term two members from each class who wish to put themselves forward for the role or are chosen by their peers, become members of the Student Council. The council exists to represent the feelings, interests, and ideas of the student body. They do this through speaking to the students & and voicing the students’ opinions on their behalf to the College.
Some of the things that members of the Council will do include:
- Attending meetings, talking, and listening to the student body, considering their views, interests and discussing these with the College Staff or tutors
- Making recommendations for College trips/outings, fundraising events, College clubs etc
What will I gain by joining the Student Council?
By joining the Council, you will feel the benefits and regards of joining a team. As such, this is a great opportunity for students to benefit by:
- Increasing your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improving your communication and leadership skills
- Developing a sense of responsibility and sharing the experience of decision-making within the College
- Forming new relationships with staff members and other students